Agreement – conditions
- the prices mentioned are all inclusive. There are no other costs. Obviously you do pay the gasoline.
- all cars run on gasoline SUPER.
- payment by cash, pin device or money transfer
- the cars are (legally liable) CDW assured. This also means that the driver must be 23 years of age or older. (Tenants under the age of 23 have an increased deductible, the deductible for the CDW insurance is: $ 800.00 and the deductible for the Allrisk-CDW insurance is: $ 350.00)
- this also means that the car is NOT insured if damage has been caused by your fault. The repair costs must then be paid by the tenant. Do you not want to take this risk? You can then take out an All Risk-CDW insurance policy. This costs $ 10 dollars per day. If the tenant / driver has made a complaint / unsafe, this insurance does not apply. Also alcohol and drug use of the driver invalidates this insurance.
- if alcohol is detected in the event of damage or an accident, the insurance is NOT valid and the insurance company will NOT pay. Both, the damage of the other party and the damage to the rental car, must then be paid in full by you.
- flat tires do not fall under the insurance
- at the airport you will be met by someone with the Libertad Car rental logo. Or as otherwise agreed.
- we make a copy of your drivers license and together with you we inspect the car.
- you will receive the car full of gasoline. And that’s how you will return the car.
- no smoking in the cars .
- put wet (swim) clothes in a watertightproof bag or pocket. Don’t wear wet clothing in the car.
We can be reached 24/7 by calling: +599 785 6426.
Tips for users:
- never lock the car. Unfortunately, also on Bonaire we have car break-ins.
- so do not leave valuables in your car
- before you tank leave your credit card at the chashier. Or you can give the amount you want to tank to the cashier who will returnany amount not used. The cashier then unlocks the pump after which you can tank.
- always tank SUPER gasoline.
- on Bonaire, the straight road has priority. Even if you come from the right. If you have any doubts. . . . let the other person go first.
- the roads are often badly maintained. So be careful of the tires.
- maximum speed in built up areas is 25 miles/40 km and outside that area it’s 40 miles/60 km per hour.
- on Bonaire there are many loose animals. So be careful for crossing donkeys, goats and dogs.
- the Washington Slagbaai National Park can only be visited with a pickup. If available, you may rent a pickup for a day.
How to register a accident:
If you are involved in an accident, you must phone immediately Security Force Bonaire, +599 717 9292 or +599 717 7711. Dutch-English-Spanish and Papiamento spoken.
The number of the police is +599 717 8000.
Obvioulsy you also contact us. Our number is 24/7: +599 785 6426.
Methods of payment:
- money transfer when reservation, either to a Dutch Bank (ING) or to a Bonaire Bank (MCB)
- payments can be cash, debit or transfer. In cash, transfer or MAESTRO no costs. With a CREDIT CARD (Visa, Mastercard Cashnet, etc etc) 5% surcharge on the total costs. These costs are charged by DE BANK when using a credit card.
- swipemachine (Visa / MasterCard / Maestro / CashNet / Discover / Diners Club international)